Key Account Manager responsibilities include:
- Operating as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to accounts
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize customer benefit and company profit, to build trust and to look for opportunities for growth
- Utilising knowledge and understanding of the energy sector to generate new business opportunities
We are looking for an Account Manager specifically in the energy sector to create long-term, trusting relationships with our existing and new customers. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities in the energy sector.
What does an Account Manager do?
Account management responsibilities include developing strong long-term relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders, keeping our customers satisfied and engaged with our evolving services and preparing growth plans and sales reports. Account Managers answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise with internal teams (including technical and marketing) to improve the entire customer experience. This position will require occasional travel, when Covid restrictions will be lifted.
Smith Institute and Energy
At the Smith Institute we harness mathematics to solve the complex operational and commercial challenges facing the UK energy sector on the road to zero-carbon.
We use data analytics to deliver insight into increasingly varied and decentralised energy networks.
We create predictive models to tackle the uncertainty posed by renewable and embedded generation and changing patterns of demand.
We design and verify optimisation algorithms that realise the potential for data-driven decision making and automation made possible by digitalisation.
- Follow the principles of Miller-Heiman strategic and conceptual selling
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize customer benefit and company profit
- Develop trusted relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors (coaches)
- Work with Project managers to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales targets
- Track and report key account metrics (examples include repeat business, number of different contacts in different divisions with same customers, profitability by customer, engaged customer feedback) by account
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager in the energy sector (minimum 2 years)
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including executive and C-level
- Experience delivering complex client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in mathematics, physics, or other quantitative disciplines
£40,000 – £50,000 + performance related bonus and 21.1% company pension contribution. Salary to be based on qualifications and experience working in the energy sector
If you are familiar with customer relationship management software (CRM) such as SalesForce, have a flair for client communication, understand customer behaviour and are motivated to meet and exceed client and company expectations, we’d like to hear from you. Candidates for this role will be driven to meet ambitious individual and team-wide sales targets. Email us your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are the best person for this role, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We operate an Equal Opportunities Policy. We currently have a rolling recruitment programme so applications will be reviewed as they are received, with a view to interviewing selected candidates when sufficient numbers are shortlisted. We hope to make appointments as soon as possible thereafter.Apply